Consultancy for prevention of legionnaire´s disease
We fight legionnaire's disease
Legionnaire's disease is an illness that is extremely dangerous to human beings which is transmitted through the air by means of the inhalation of aerosols or breathable lets (less than 5 µm) which contain Legionella and also by micro-aspiration of contaminated water. Legionellosis is habitually associated with community outbreaks, often related with cooling towers, hot water for human use, whirlpool baths, ornamental fountains, sprays and such like. This disease attracts great media attention.
APINSA, in its Department for the Control and Prevention of Legionellosis, made up of professionals with great experience in different branches of health care, makes available all the technical resources so as to enable the achievement of the best possible results in the Prevention and Control of Legionellosis.
All our staff in the Department for the Control and Prevention of Legionellosis have attended the officially approved courses (Order SCO/317/2003), and are highly qualified to carry out all necessary treatments and monitoring for all kinds of facility:
- Cold Water Systems for Human Use.
- Hot Water Systems.
- Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers.
- Evaporative Coolers and Humidifiers.
- Industrial Humidifiers.
- Swimming-pools and Hydro-Massage Tubs.
- Fire-fighting Water Systems.
- Ornamental Fountains.
- Sprinkler Irrigation Systems in the Urban Environment.
- All kinds of systems which use water and cause aerosols as part of the process.
APINSA, , in all its work, complies with all requirements of Royal Decree 865/2003, offering solutions to any problem and deals with inspections by the competent health authority.
If you are an APINSA, customer, you are assured of correct treatment and technical back-up both in specific and complex facilities and in simpler and more generic locations.
SECTORS FOR WHICH WE WORK
APINSA can evaluate any facilities at risk, potential aerosol emitters and design the proper maintenance programmes to prevent the possible development of Legionella, whatever your company's activity:
- Health facilities (hospitals, clinics, health centres...).
- Residential health centres.
- Hotels and accommodation establishments in general.
- Sports and Education Centres.
- Public Buildings.
LINES OF ACTIVITY
APINSA´s lines of activity are as follows:
- Visit to the facility and data collection.
- Preparation of the Maintenance or Self-Monitoring Programmes specific to each type of facility and risk detected, and the design and production of the Log Books.
- Advice, back-up and mediation regarding administrative dealings necessary in connection with the Health Authorities.
- Carrying out operations of regular and/or shock Cleaning and Disinfection and subsequent issue of the corresponding Certificates of Cleaning and Disinfection.
- We manage the collection of samples and analysis in accredited Laboratories. Delivery and interpretation of analysis reports.
- Verification of the correct operation of biocide dosifiers and other maintenance products, automatic drainage equipment, chlorine and pH regulators, and such like
- Ongoing training of the maintenance staff at facilities, so that they can carry out the maintenance operations correctly and record them in the corresponding sections of the Log Book.